This popular tapa can be served with our typical “jamón ibérico“, “morcilla“, “chistorra” etc… there are many optional ingredients, foie gras is a tasty yet smoother ingredient that gives the eggs a particular flavor. Broken eggs are always served on homemade french fries.
Broken eggs with foie
- 4 eggs
- 3 potatoes
- 3 slices of fresh foie gras
- About 10 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Slice the potatoes and cook on medium high , around 10 minutes or until you can pierce the potato with a fork. Potatoes should be almost covered by oil.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and leave on a, add more oil if necessary and add the foie gras in dices. Fry until brown.
- In a different pan, add oil and fry 2 eggs.
- To assemble, lay the potatoes with the eggs on top and the pieces of fried foie gras.
- Break the yolk of the eggs and mix with the potatoes and foie gras prior to serving.