Today we are posting a very easy and tasty recipe that is typical from the coast but is nowadays a very popular tapa not only in Spain but also world wide. The recipe is pretty simple but there are plenty of possible variations to the original one, adding asparagus or lima beans, it’s up to you and your imagination!
We will use raw prawns but these can be replaced with shrimp, scampi or «langostinos».
Gambas al ajillo (Prawns with Garlic)
- 150 gr of raw peeled prawns
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 hot chillies (cayena pepper)
- 5 tsp of olive oil
- 3 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small cup of white wine
- Warm the olive oil at medium heat in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic and cayena pepper and sauté for about one minute or until they just begin to brown. Be careful not to burn them or the prawns will absorb the taste.
- Add the prawns and stir, after about 2 minutes, when they start to curl, add the white wine and keep stirring for one more minute.
- Add the chopped parsley and serve.